The Electricity Ombudsman.
- The Commission shall appoint or designate a person of ability, integrity and standing having experience of not less than twenty years in administration, law or electrical engineering to be the Electricity Ombudsman for the purpose of these regulations.
- The Ombudsman shall not be above the age of sixty five years on the date of appointment and shall hold office for a period of three years.
- A fixed remuneration of rupees fifteen thousand per month will be paid to a person appointed as Ombudsman.
- The Commission will provide necessary office support to the Ombudsman
- All expenditure relating to the Ombudsman and his establishment shall be borne by the Commission.
- If the licensee fails or neglects to remove or set right the fault or defect complained of by the consumer or if the Forum neglects or is otherwise unable to deal with the complaint made to it the aggrieved consumer may, within ten days from the last day of the time set for under sub-regulation (1) of regulation 6 or from the date of seeking redressal from the Forum under sub-regulation (1) of regulation 4, as the case may be, make a representation to the Ombudsman for redressal of the grievance.
- On receiving a representation, the Ombudsman shall after due examination and consideration settle the grievance of the consumer.
- In exercising its functions the Ombudsman shall have the powers to call for reply, information date , records and other related documents from the licensee or from any other person who may be concerned with and to hear them.
- The Ombudsman may, if necessary, engage or consult a person having special knowledge or experience in the matter under consideration for this opinion or advice.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in his regulation the Ombudsman may suo moto take up any matter which is a subject of general grievance by consumers relating to supply of electricity in any area in the State.
In exercise of the powers under section (2) of section 181 read with sub-section (5) and (7) of section 42 of the Electricity Act 2003 and the Regulations framed thereunder, the Meghalaya State Electricity Regulatory Commission has appointed Electricity Ombudsman.
|Serial Number||Name of Ombudsman||Tenure|
|1.||Mr. A. V. Rangad||1st May 2007||30th April 2010|
|2.||Mr. W. Rynjah||3rd May 2010||2nd May 2013|
|3.||Mr. J. B. Poon||3rd May 2013||30th September 2013|
|4.||Mr. K. Marbaniang||1st October 2013||31st December 2016|
|5.||Mr. S. J. Laloo||1st August 2017|